SPIRIT OF AKASHA (PREMIUM CD) AUTOGRAPHED BY G.WAYNE THOMAS
SPIRIT OF AKASHA Premium CD - $67.99 + postage
A FILM & SOUNDTRACK CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF MORNING OF THE EARTH
Produced by noted Australian film-maker Andrew Kidman (Litmus, Glass Love, Last Hope) and mentored by Albe Falzon (Morning of the Earth), Spirit of Akasha sets a new benchmark with a creative fusion blending the realms of surfing, music and film making.
World champion surfers such as Mick Fanning, Stephanie Gilmore, Tom Curren, Kelly Slater and Beau Young have joined the new guard of Heath Joske, Harrison Roach, Ellis Ericson and Ace Buchan and Jon Jon Florence, alongside ‘soul surfers’ Fergal Smith, Joel & Kye Fitzgerald among many more.
Filmed in locations throughout the world including Australia, Hawaii, Bali, Fiji, Tahiti, Mexico and Ireland, the film uses striking visuals and music reminiscent of the classic Koyaanisqatsi and Baraka, to portray the compelling beauty of surfing and its associated lifestyle.
Spirit of Akasha will make its World Premiere at Sydney Festival 2014 at the Sydney Opera House on Saturday 25 January, a venue with its own iconic association with presenting surfing films over the last 50 years. This exclusive screening in the Concert Hall will be accompanied by live performances by some of the artists featured on the soundtrack.
The Spirit of Akasha soundtrack features mainly original songs composed and recorded by musicians with strong ties to the surfing community and includes a rare Brian Wilson recording. Other artists featured include Atoms for Peace, Andrew VanWyngarden, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Xavier Rudd, Angus Stone, Matt Corby, Dirty Three and many more.
Premium 2CD contains.....
• 60 page hardbound book with photographs
1. To Be Young - Andrew Kidman and The Windy Hills
2. Drifting On A Daydream - Grouplove
3. I Just Knew - Andrew VanWyngarden
4. Starcrossed Lonely Sailor - Chris Robinson Brotherhood
5. What The Devil Has Made - Matt Corby
6. Wavves - Jack River
7. Before Your Very Eyes - Atoms For Peace
8. Akasha - Canyons featuring Lee-Ann Curren
9. Spirit Of Akasha - Corsaire (Ben Howard, Mickey Smith, Nat Wason)
10. Great Divine - Xavier Rudd
1. Unchained - Tom Curren
2. Dancing Through The Air (Part 1) - Brian Cadd & Tim Gaze
3. Gravity - Lee-Ann Curren
4. The Weatherman - Angus Stone
5. We Love Our Hole - Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy & the Cairo Gang
6. In My Moondreams - Brian Wilson
7. The Pier - Dirty Three
8. Colouring The Streets - POND
9. The Burren - Corsaire (Ben Howard, Mickey Smith, Nat Wason)
10. Old Mother Sea - Bill Bensing
11. Dancing Through The Air (Reprise) - Brian Cadd & Tim Gaze