MORNING OF THE EARTH (STANDARD 2CD)
MORNING OF THE EARTH COMPLETE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK $44.99 + postage
and MORNING OF THE EARTH REIMAGINED
In 1972, Albert Falzon made a film that would forever change the way the world thought about surfing. The film was Morning of the Earth. For many people it was the very first time they came to recognise surfing as a complete lifestyle. This recognition, coupled with mind-blowing, innovative surfing made the film a classic that has remained vital for over 40 years. Albe’s portrayal of all things pure and simple influenced generations, and passed on an enduring sprit to our culture, our music, and our lifestyle.
Morning of the Earth took a unique approach to music. For the first time, music was not treated as a background or incidental to the vision on the screen. The music was the narrator, with each track played in its entirety. The original soundtrack produced the Australian #1 single Open Up Your Heart and was the first Australian soundtrack to achieve gold sales. It was also recently included in the 100 Best Australian Albums.
To celebrate 40 Years of Morning of the Earth, Heritage Surf Australia and Warner Music Australia presents Spirit of Akasha, a film and soundtrack.
Spirit of Akasha is a brand new Australian film that reaffirms Morning of the Earth’s ethos of soul and spirit in the present day context, proving its values still have an enduring impact on us all.
Produced by noted Australian film-maker Andrew Kidman (Litmus, Glass Love, Last Hope) and mentored by Albe Falzon himself, Spirit of Akasha sets a new benchmark with a creative fusion blending the realms of surfing, music and film making.
To accompany the Spirit of Akasha release, Morning of the Earth will be released as a 2CD set with 60 page hardbound book, including the complete original soundtrack and Reimagined, a tribute album. Reimagined features re-recordings by POND, Xavier Rudd, Andrew VanWyngarden, The Autumn Defense, Busby Marou and many more.
MORNING OF THE EARTH COMPLETE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
1. Morning of the Earth – G.Wayne Thomas
2. I’ll Be Alright – Terry Hannagan
3. First Things First – Tamam Shud
4. Sure Feels Good – Brian Cadd
5. Awake – Ticket
6. Getting Back – G.Wayne Thomas
7. Open Up Your Heart – G.Wayne Thomas
8. Dream Chant – Ticket
9. Simple Ben – John J.Francis
10. Bali Waters – Tamam Shud
11. Making It On Your Own – Brian Cadd
12. Ullawatu – Peter Howe
13. Day Comes – G.Wayne Thomas
14. Sea The Swells – Tamam Shud
15. I’m Alive – Peter Howe
16. Come With Me – Brian Cadd
MORNING OF THE EARTH REIMAGINED
1. Morning Of The Earth - Mick Turner and the Xlyouris Ensemble with vocals by Oliver Mann
2. I’ll Be Alright - Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy & The Cairo Gang
3. First Things First - Matt Corby
4. Sure Feels Good - Tom Curren
5. Awake - Goons of Doom
6. Getting Back - Busby Marou
7. Open Up Your Heart - Jack River
8. Dream Chant - The Sand Pebbles
9. Simple Ben - Machine Translations
10. Bali Waters - POND
11. Making It On Your Own - The Autumn Defense
12. Uluwatu - Blake Mills
13. Day Comes - Xavier Rudd
14. Sea The Swells - Andrew Kidman and the Windy Hills
15. I’m Alive - Andrew VanWyngarden
16. Come With Me - Andrew Kidman